Got an offer from a startup - are these red flags?
Got an offer from an MLish startup recently.
- at first didn’t offer to pay for the onsite, later did and chalked up to a “misunderstanding”
- gave really easy problems and 1 hard problem with coaching (didn’t get the hard one)
- easy hackerrank and phone screen
- have a bunch of offices despite only having a few hundred people
- office had a bunch of empty space, almost nobody there during the onsite
- recruiter seemed really amped to give me an offer despite mediocre performance on my part
- super sharp interviewers from Stanford, Caltech, MIT, Harvard, equivalent schools
- seems to be working on an interesting space
- offer is pretty reasonable for the area at ~$130k cash plus ~$25k signing, no equity BS
- employees used to work at Google, FB, Jane Street, Dropbox
- role fits what I’m looking for to a T
Am I being paranoid or is this a decent offer?