I have been offered senior level developer position with base as 108K singapore dollar.
Is this good for staying in Singapore ?
How much grab pays on average and how much I should ask for ?
Also, is this right time to join grab
- Indeed AnonymooooDude that is low for 10 YOE and Senior position especially for SG standard of living. No idea what you should ask for but I'm certain that's a low ball
- Grab abcdef123456at 10 years you could easily get lead software engg. people even at 4 years exp are lead in here. ask the HR clearly about levels. then lookup on LinkedIn with people of senior and lead software engineer titles. you will know yoe vs title thing. comp at senior also goes uptil 140k and lead goes uptil 180, base pay. Don't get fooled. for 10 years this is lowballing at extreme.
Don't hesitate in asking HR about levels and hierarchy clearly. its your right to know.
- Grab SsatayThat is low. Also valuation for Grab is near $14B. Do you think they will go public with a value closer to Uber or Lyft. Do the math to figure out how much the options will be worth. I’m guessing only 3x to 4x upside at current valuation.
- Visa / Eng JdmfeG6 is pretty rare. I think OP is G4. Try to get G5 if you can. G6 might be out of reach, but no harm to try.
- New JaiwhoHeard the SG tax rate is incredibly low compared to other places. Just something to keep in mind, you'll pocket more