H1-B extension pending, PERM in progress, am I stuck for the next year?
Submitted my H1-B EOS mid-Nov, Eb3 PERM filed earlier in mid-Oct. With premium processing suspended, and the current immigration policy situation, it looks like neither my extension nor my 140 will go through any time soon.
I’m growing increasingly frustrated with my manager, and don’t see myself getting a high-impact feature under his “roadmap”. With that said, I’m seriously thinking about moving to another team internally, or even interviewing outside.
However, I’ve heard that one is kind of stuck with the current position until at H1-B EOS and PERM goes through. And even with approved 140, I have read suggestions on Blind that one should stay with the company for another 6 months before jumping ship, so the company cannot withdraw sponsorship or invalidate the 140. Given the current processing time, am I stuck with my current team for next year? What are my options if I really want to change team/job, without risking visa status or PD?
Thanks in advance for all your inputs!