My internal transfer to a different team required a visa amendment and got denied after a RFE. What are my options outside of going back to my previous team? The denial was apparently because of speciality occupation not requiring H1.
TOP 34 Comments
- Splunk urueuurumoreOp which school did you go for MBA? Clearly with that statement “I have a MBA as well”; I highly doubt your degree.
- OP please read this
This is a denial rfe response from USCIS.
- Thanks! I heard a similar thing for my case where they claimed comparable companies cited was not similar to amazon :/ i think the general lesson when one gets an RFE is not go for premium processing so you get a longer run way to find another job assuming it will be denied.
- Interesting link!
The basis of the RFE is that the original petition listed different degrees (marketing or computer science) and not a single specialty.
The petition tried to correct that in RFE but USCIS then took extremely narrow positions to reject their evidence (job posting from other companies rejected because they had different revenues, CV's of people in similar positions rejected because they were paid slightly more).
But it all comes back to the initial petition not requiring a specific degree.
- Given the amendment to the new team was denied, wouldnt your current application with the existing team remain intact?
- I know someone in another company did this and succeeded after their first transfer was denied - they reapplied for another position that was relatively more 'specialized' and aligned with their education so there was less room for subjectivity. Either way, wish you good luck and hope you find a way out.
- I think it's the problem with the product management role. Could be that it requires some sort of a management degree. USCIS adjudicates every new application independent of previously approved applications. I checked the job descriptions of PM's and almost all of them mention management degree. They could have argued that electrical engineering has nothing to do with product manager, which means that they could probably find an American citizen to this job.
- Amazon WVAl42Wow this is scary. Sorry this had to happen. Wonder if it means that Fragomen are not doing a good enough job. Did you look at the entire RFE response before they sent it?