1. I get an offer from another company
2. Company starts H1B transfer process
3. H1B transfer is approved and I tell my current company that I will be switching jobs
How long is the wait from step 2 to step 3?
Also, is it possible that H1B transfer gets rejected? What would be my visa status in that case?
- Oracle doznutsAt the moment, without premium processing it's 6-8 months. I think if your new H1 petition gets rejected you can still continue to work for your current employer.
- Tesla goutham139Also, just FYI, the premium processing is scheduled to be back on by Feb 19th, 2019
- Sony kHtg85Seems like step2 to step 3 takes about 4-6 months depending on which center your application got filed. Best to not tell your current employer about switching jobs during that time.
Based on what I have heard, h1b transfer do get rejected. If you have not told your current employer and still have the job, then you can continue on the same h1
If you have already terminated your current job and your h1b transfer gets rejected, then I think you would be out of status in that case. You might have to leave the country and come back once it is approved (assuming your new employer decides to refile for the transfer)
- Current wait time is 6 or 7 weeks between 2 and 3 assuming:
Your new employer starts the transfer now with the agreement that they will upgrade to premium on Feb 19.
After that it will 3 weeks (assuming you will get approval in 1 week and 2 weeks for current employer notice period) or 4 weeks (2 weeks for approval and 2 for notice) to join the new employer.
End to end it will be 6 or 7 weeks from now to join the new company.
- Yes it is taking more than 3months for sure. My friend initiated the transfer in oct 2018 and no update till now.
- Oracle fbbT02Is premium processing stopped for H1B transfer also? I thought it was only for the new applications.