Current job title: Associate product manager
New job title: Senior associate product manager
New company: Wayfair
File date: 9/5/2018
RFE date: 9/15/2018 (Reason: SO)
RFE response date: 11/15/2018
Denial date: 11/30/2018
Got my H1B transfer denied the other day. Man this surely feels frustrated. PM is probably a high risk job to switch to under current policy. Attorney is still waiting for the physical decision to be mailed and I guess we'll go from there. Not sure if they will refile my case. My H1B expires 9/1/2019 and regardless it will look ugly for me next year. Seems it will be hard to even just extend my current H1B.
Anyway, good luck guys. And to hell with this system.
- Zulily hoag45How did you ever get an h1b? PM is not a specialized or unique job. Literally anyone can do it. If you have a CS degree you should switch to dev asap, otherwise switch to tourist visa.
- Did you already join the new company on H1B receipt? Will you be out of status or can you reapply staying in US?
- Synopsys wFatDuckThat truly sucks , sorry to hear that bro. Maybe a move back to being a dev will help while the current policies are in place ?
- I am going on a receipt and these things makes me scared but for CS I feel it should be fine. Undergrad and grad in CS worked as SE all my life wage level 4 I am guessing it shud be fine
- There was a post a few weeks ago, from someone trying to join FB from Microsoft. They had Masters in CS and have been SWE all their life too!. Soo be aware of the risk and have plan B ready - company willing to move you to another location, going back to the old job (?), or leaving the country. Of course, if you're single, you may be able to wing it and take the chance.
- Microsoft G8lolSorry to hear. Do you have an MBA from a US school? how much work experience do you have ?
- You’re not STEM. I’m glad they’re correcting it. Sorry it hurts but it is true. They used to hand H1B to literally anybody including some people who flipped burgers in a restaurant.
- Slack / EngnamelessyomoreWhat is the reason for denial? Is it because of the new company or yourself?
- Deloitte / LegalnohomobromoreIf it’s any consolation, there will be many more in the same boat within a month or two(specifically the hordes of people who transferred on receipt without PP despite repeated advice not to on here). It sounds like you at least followed the process fully and faithfully, so my condolences, bro.
- I was with you until the last sentence. You're either naive or don't want to see the reality if you think this admin is targeting only abuse. Abuse is just an excuse. They are targeting any and every immigrant, except for whites.
Otherwise, how do you explain transfer denials for MS CS, SWE transfer from Microsoft to Facebook?