I need to know if someone had similar experience. My firm just shutdown on 8/31. I am on H1b but have gotten my EAD and Travel permit (and waiting for final GC interview). This is employment based green card.
My current H1b expires on 9/30. It took some time for me to get an offer. I just got one last Tuesday that explodes on Monday. It's suboptimal offer. Should I just accept and ask the new company to file for my H1b extension? That will barely give them 2 weeks.
One of good ML team from a big tech with 1T mkt cap just came back and asked if I am interested. I told them about my exploding offer. They said they will need at least 10 days to move or best case make an offer. I am afraid even after I get an offer I will run out of time to file for new H1b. I can always work on EAD but lawyer said if my GC gets denied, I will have to bounce out of here and she recommends to somehow get H1b extension (lowest risk). I am mind f**ked. I have my wife working on H1b as well but I am the primary for the GC.
Has someone faced something similar. Need ideas or suggestions?
YoE :- 10
TC :- appx 350k
New offer:- 250k
Accept the offer though to be safe. A few dollars won't matter in long run if loose your gc. U can work their for a bit.