Feb 2, 2018 41 Comments
TOP 41 Comments
- Microsoft Za3tarFurther confirms how fucked this country is. His whole reason for running for president was to promote his businesses. Every decision he makes as president is to further promote his business interests. His supporters will get burned like every one of his past supporters and believers were burned.
- I’ve been pretty consistent with my argument and you can’t pull the stuck out of your ass to even acknowledge anything Obama did to fight ISIS. It is you who just can’t let it go. The most significant battle in the war against ISIS was the battle of Mosul. That was 100% done under Obama and had little to no press coverage, because Obama’s policy was to not talk about ISIS and just keep chipping away. After Mosul, ISIS has been falling left and right because everything was already in place to make it happen. It takes a long time to get equipment and sorties in place and all the pipeline s working efficiently. The obvious argument is Mosul was Obama running the 90 yards, and Trump is getting the credit for the eventual TD. That’s fine. Just don’t fucking lie about Obamas contribution.
The only difference is Trump doesn’t know shit about ISIS and isn’t smart enough to be involved, so he isn’t involved. Mad Dog calls him for updates and he says “why are you calling me?” Answer is because Obama was always in the loop. He understood the area and the history and the operations and was hands on in the decision making process. Trump closed that loop and left it all up to Mad Dog. So in the case of Trump, it was a smart decision, because Trump doesn’t know what he’s doing and we don’t need bad decision makers in the loop.
Don’t like my fact checker, here’s another.
Are we done here?
- Your source backstabs your own point, lmao. First, it says his claim is half true. And then it states:
“Between two-thirds and three-fourths of the firepower unleashed against ISIS hit before Trump became president”
So, during a 6-8 year span, Obama’s DOD used between 2 and 3 times as many munitions as Trump’s DOD did in 1 year. Is that correct?
If that’s correct, then there’s was a significant strategy change between the two. Trump’s DOD in one year did what it took Obama’s DOD to do in anywhere between 2.5-4 years, in regards to munitions used.
That would circle around to my original point, that Mattis is far more trigger happy than Obama’s DOD was.
- Trigger happiness would likely mean more munitions being used. Not less. The reason for the heavy use earlier is because that’s when the most of the heaviest warfare was taking place. After Mosul, ISIS was in full retreat mode and required less munitions to take back more territories from them as we advanced quicker.
You can’t provide me with any evidence that any different military strategy has taken place, and the fact checkers agree that it’s the same strategy that Obama DOD used.
The only thing that is different is Trump is not involved at all where as Obama was. You can argue that that sped up the decision making. But is it better or worse? That depends. If you haven’t seen “eye in the sky” you should. I used to design military drones in my previous career and I have colleagues that used to fly drones in the Iraq war. So I have some context into how complex it can be to just be a shoot first ask questions later. Especially when ISIS hides among densely populated civilian populations.
Either way, If Obama were still president, he would likely be where pretty close to where Trump currently is with ISIS.
- My God. Amazon, no offense but your arguments read like they come from an uneducated state of mind. I don't care about Obama or Trump so what either did to fight ISIS is of little interest, but if you're going to go to these lengths to carry on an argument, at least sound like you know what you're saying rather than ending each one of your comments with "lmao" as if we're in the 6th grade.
- An “uneducated state of mind”. Solid attempt at sounding poetic, admittedly.
“lmao” turns out to be shorter than “laughing my ass off”, so it’d make sense that I’d use it. I’m not sure why you struggle to grasp that, I thought it was a fairly straight forward concept.
And yes, that was exactly my point. The rate of munition use under Trump was significantly greater than that of Obama, hence the more trigger happy Mattis is, which was my original statement. Really simple. Not hard shit to grasp.
- EMC aab1baaTrump is a businessman and he is good at it. Good at business has no correlation to morality. It’s a choice. One part of business is creating “us vs them”. This happens everywhere ex: Microsoft vs Google, fb vs goog when looking from employees view of these companies it’s us vs them like how it’s fed by managers.
I think the country is as divided as election night even after 1year from election. That only makes him successful. From top rated news papers to cheap sites the us vs them is prevailing. Until that stops people will be blindsided.