Help: Accepted offer from company A but higher offers from B

Teradata EldV65
Jul 19 15 Comments

Hello Blinders,

Got a offer from company A in Feb end which I accepted and the company started processing my visa. Got an RFE to which the immigration firm took a long time to repsond to and finally received an apporval last week.

During this time, got an offer from other company B which is offering higher TC compared to Comapny A. I have still not joined company A.

How should I proceed?

Comapny A TC : 155K/15%/0 rsu
company B TC : 185K/15%/0 rsu
YOE: 5

location of both the companies ( Austin, TX )
Position : Security Engineer Manager

Any help appreciated!!

gracias!

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 15 Comments
  • LinkedIn iEat
    RFE gives you a valid reason to look for other jobs. Ask company A to match company B. Join company B if they don't.
    Jul 19 5
    • Teradata EldV65
      OP
      Is there a polite way to put this to company A? I’m sure backtracking on a approved offer letter would not play nice with them.
      Jul 19
    • LinkedIn iEat
      Your case should be OK. PM me.
      Jul 19
    • Snapchat Trumper
      I am doing this all the time
      Jul 19
    • Teradata EldV65
      OP
      How did it turn out Snap? Did they match? Pulled out the offer
      Jul 19
    • Snapchat Trumper
      Snap is the company B here
      Jul 19
  • Booking.com / Other
    仆街 冚家鏟

    Booking.com Other

    BIO
    🤬🤪🥴🥺🤫😜🤦‍♂️
    仆街 冚家鏟more
    When are you supposed to start with A?
    Jul 19 5
    • Teradata EldV65
      OP
      Aug 5
      Jul 19
    • Booking.com / Other
      仆街 冚家鏟

      Booking.com Other

      BIO
      🤬🤪🥴🥺🤫😜🤦‍♂️
      仆街 冚家鏟more
      Do you still have enough time to sort out visa transfer and switch to B?
      Jul 19
    • Teradata EldV65
      OP
      I don’t think so - the offer arrived yesterday. So not that much time and yet to decide wether to go with company B possible getting blacklisted by A or stick with A ( since visa is already approved)
      Jul 19
    • Booking.com / Other
      仆街 冚家鏟

      Booking.com Other

      BIO
      🤬🤪🥴🥺🤫😜🤦‍♂️
      仆街 冚家鏟more
      Don't fuck up the visa. Stay with A for the meanwhile, and continue interviewing with other companies.
      Jul 19
    • Teradata EldV65
      OP
      I have not joined A as of yet. My visa is secured with my current company. So wanted to know from others experience what their thought process would have been. One option is to possibly deny company A ( get blacklisted ) and go with B ( with fingers crossed that visa gets approved )
      Jul 19
  • Teradata EldV65
    OP
    That would have my resume treated as a job hopper and I do not want do that to be honest ..
    Jul 19 0
  • Autolist eFks14
    Just accept B's offer and have a start day like 3 months away. Then quit A after few months.
    Jul 19 0
  • Microsoft waddaheck
    To me, the difference seems too big to ignore. Even if you can never join company A in the future, I would choose B. TC actually means a lot. Company B might be more likely in growth mode than A. It may have more opportunities down the road as well. Also companies come and go all the time. Blacklisting from one company should be your concern. Just be polite in explaining your choice.
    Jul 19 0