Both are in Hayward,
1. 715 veranda cir
610k expected sale price, 3 bed, 3 bath, 3 story. 1381 SQ feet
townhouse like condo near bart. Construction 2003 HOA 232
2. Kb home next to Amtrak Hayward stop. 4 bed 3 bath. 1800 SQ feet. 739k
They have multiple warranties for the house (e.g. lifetime for roof, 10 year for structure, 4 year for plumbing/electrical etc. ) Not sure if there is any such thing for older homes?
HOA 407, also includes gated community and fire insurance. (Both are Not in option 1)
Doesn't this seem a very good deal for only 130k more, compared to older townhouse? Why is it on the market for so long ? What is the catch?
I am planning 180k down payment
And in case anyone is interested, the following are the protections covered by CA law for new builds.
One Year Warranties
• “Fit and finish” of cabinets, mirrors, flooring, interior and exterior walls, countertops, paint finishes, and trim. California Civil Code section 900.
• “Manufactured products”, i.e. any product that is completely manufactured offsite, including efrigerators, stoves, etc., as well as HVAC units and fixtures. California Civil Code section 896(g)(3).
• Compliance with “interunit noise transmission standards set by the applicable government building codes, ordinances, or regulations in effect at the time of the original construction”, as applicable to attached structures. California Civil Code section 896(g)(6).
• Irrigation, drainage, and landscaping systems. California Civil Code sections 896(g)(7) and 896(g)(12).
Two Year Warranties
• “Untreated wood posts” that are installed in contact with soil such that they cause unreasonable decay. California Civil Code section 896(g)(8).
• Dryer ducts. California Civil Code section 896(g)(14).
Four Year Warranties
• Plumbing and sewer systems. California Civil Code section 896(e).
• Electrical systems. California Civil Code section 896(f).
• Exterior pathways, driveways, hardscape, sidewalls, sidewalks, and patios. California Civil Code section 896(g)(1).
• Untreated steel fences and adjacent components that cause unreasonable corrosion. California Civil Code section 896(g)(9).
Five Year Warranties
• Paint and stains causing deterioration of building surfaces. California Civil Code section 896(g)(10).
Ten Year Warranties
• All other components not specifically referenced in other warranties, including foundation systems, retaining and site walls, support beams, etc. California Civil Code sections 896 and 941.