Hey data scientists, what percentage of time do you work on ML?

Visa / Data
yzc

Visa Data

PRE
Visa
yzcmore
Jul 16 10 Comments

Quite curious about the DS organizations in different companies. How much time do you work on machine learning projects?

I work on ML about 1/3 of the time now.

comments

Want to comment? LOG IN or SIGN UP
TOP 10 Comments
  • Sony / Data
    iXgsmg

    Sony Data

    PRE
    King
    iXgsmgmore
    30% max
    Sep 27 1
    • Sony / Data
      iXgsmg

      Sony Data

      PRE
      King
      iXgsmgmore
      if you consider a linear model machine learning
      Sep 27
  • Axtria KzhH222
    These are 2 different questions:
    1. How much time do you work on ML projects: 80-90% of the time. The rest 10-20% are test and control projects.
    2. How much time do you work on ML: 30% of the time. The rest 70% is business requirement understanding, data gathering, data cleaning and manipulation, checking outputs, presenting results.
    Jul 16 1
    • Nvidia bdei51
      Isn't it all ML though? 30% algorithm and implementation of the algorithm sounds more correct than 30% on ML.
      Jul 16
  • Google TensorCow
    61.4%
    Jul 16 1
    • Visa / Data
      yzc

      Visa Data

      PRE
      Visa
      yzcmore
      OP
      where does the 1.4% come from, lol. And are U DS or MLE?
      Jul 16
  • TC?
    Jul 16 1
    • Visa / Data
      yzc

      Visa Data

      PRE
      Visa
      yzcmore
      OP
      150k
      Jul 16
  • Microsoft zuckme
    88%
    Jul 16 0
  • SAP / Eng XPManager
    69%
    Jul 16 0

Salary
Comparison

    Real time salary information from verified employees