I'm interested in an SRE position with the Office team. I've heard that Microsoft's recruiters rarely follow-up on applications from the Careers site. If this is the case, what's the best way to get your resume to the hiring manager or the correct recruiter?
TOP 22 Comments
- Microsoft FakyadelaDo you know why the recruitrts rarely follow up on applications ? Because just like everything else at Microsoft, they're substandard.
- The story goes that he left MS for greener pastures but is still on MS blind to motivate others to leave. To his credit, some of his arguments are correct. But I don't think Microsoft is a "sub standard" company (it is if you only compare with Google FB and the likes, but not in general) and, it's been lagging quite a bit on pay.
- Microsoft FakyadelaThing is that I have so many friends at MS. They're telling me all the time how shitty things are there. So they're just refuling me all the time. I'm affraid that I'll never be bored. On a serious note. If I can expose MS for what I believe it really is, and give a potential candidate true visibility then I did my good deed. Thing is that a few outsiders to MS really believe it to be a great place to work for. They dont realize how bad things are there.
- Microsoft AitU68After working in Silicon Valley for almost 18 years, with many startups and established firms alike, I joined Microsoft last year. Never thought I would join MS as I have been very critical of it throughout my career. have mixed feelings so far with highs and lows, highs being really highs and lows being really low. Things will always be shitty no matter where you go as it's the corporate culture that pins people against each other. But I have seen some good work being done by many folks in Azure. could things be better? Yes. But it's no so bad overall. They done a good job at reinventing themselves given the giant size of the corporation. As long as they keep pumping fresh blood from outside, things will continue to improve.Jul 20, 20171
- Microsoft pzMMot53MS recruiters are terrible at follow through. They can slow things down by months. As soon as you can get a hiring manager contact info, work with them to get an interview loop scheduled or else you might never get past the screening phase
- Microsoft / Engharmburgerseriously though, ms recruiters, I haven't met one yet who met the standards of expectation for the three startups I worked prior to here. I genuinely think recruiting is currently our greatest weakness. the expectations for results are so low it's like you may as well stay home people.
- If you are a fresh college grad, how does the referral process work? I'm fit race + gender and I still don't get contacted. I don't know how it works since there only one link to apply for all of MSFT for fresh grads.