Why are houses in Renton cheaper compared to Bellevue, Issaquah, Newcastle, even bothell?
Anyone living in Renton? How is the crime rate like? How is the commute?
Anyone commute from Renton to Redmond for work?
What are the pros and cons of buying property in Renton?
- Axon / MgmtBbbbbbbbbamoreRenton will not. Too close to Tacoma. The same for Columbia city. That place is a deposit center for refugees. Talking about letting letting people in your country.
- It's a prime location for investment purposes. Gentrification happens at the fringes and Issaquah is very pricey. It's likely Renton will be the next area to gentrify in greater Seattle
- That's what gentrification fixes... Epa is definitely gentrifying. The number of software engineer friends that I have that live there now is insane...
Schools already have been fixed. I'm certain areas of Renton, you already have excellent schools similar in quality to some of the Issaquah ones (Kent ridge for example). Crime is slowly decreasing. The commute... OK you got me there. But it's a shorter commute than the people in the bay make on a day to day... So perhaps as housing in Seattle gets squeezed, longer commutes will be accepted here like it is in the bayJan 51
- I wouldn't gamble on a city activity trying to prevent gentrificiation was the point. Sure some decade it might change and you can get lucky but this is very unlikely and without the possibility of a downtown or waterfront you aren't left with much. I have tens of properties in the Seattle area and would never consider renton. Just my .02
- East Renton highlands is best, particularly in the neighborhoods zoned for Issaquah school district.
- Poor schools, commute, local businesses and blocked from improvement by environmentalist. Allen wanted to build a billion plus waterfront strip with houses, retail, parks, and restaurants. Environmentalists blocked it and the city has been stuck ever since looking at Kirkland through binoculars.
- Rentin’ has a Walmart, thus it’s posh and not your typical bourgeois hoi palloi. Though the SNAP office is across the street, eew. (No, not Snapchat, you tech bubble snobs.)
- Microsoft SheepSleepThe lower prices are mainly driven by school districts. Newcastle/South Bellevue homes that fall in the Renton School District are also much less expensive than the homes north of S.E. 60th.
The crime rate varies by area, but is generally higher in Renton. Commute during 9-5 hours is 40-60 minutes due to 405/S-Curves.
Like any option, it comes down to the specific area. There are some great areas in Renton.