Base : 148k
Bonus : 10%
401k: 0.5 $ match for every 1$ upto 5%
title : senior software engineer
Base : 138k
Bonus : 10%
401k: 2 $ match for every 1$ upto 5%
title : staff software engineer
Both of the offers are based out of Austin. I don't like to relocate to SF or Bay area. I also got calls from Amazon and google in Austin. I am in dilemma if I should take one of the offers or prepare well for interviews and take google or Amazon
I have total 12 yr exp..
- PayPal zwtU87Hi Vivek I appreciate you kept your actual name even in blind. Both offers seems to be very low for your experience. I did not work in Austin though
- GE / Product BYEGEThat’s honestly about right for Austin, numbers thrown around here for Bay Area FAANG’s are always going to be worlds apart than most other roles. I will say the 10% bonus seems low, I’d expect to see between 15-20 for a Staff level role.
- I don't think it's VDDP. Because, I saw a different job posting for VDDP. I think the hiring mgr is either Karthik or Binyam
- Expedia Group lineageI dont have an opinion between companies but two comments on the homeaway, (called "VRBO" now btw) offer...unless they have different comp structure than Expedia, the 401k match is up to 6% and I'm surprised the target bonus is so low given how high the base is (ie that's a fairly low level role target bonus but a high base...) I would have expected 12%. I guess it's possible homeaway still has a different structure than expedia....? (Visa doubles whatever you contribute to a 401K??? That's pretty great, never heard of that being offered by anyone)
- Visa godinme 🐼Bonus at Visa is a percentage of the base, that being said, it is anywhere between 10% to 20% for staff. The actual payout is dependent on the company performance and your performance ratings.
The $2 Match for every $1 you put in 401k is pretty good deal. That adds another 10% to your yearly payout.