Any must visit places to visit near airport? Traveling with husband and a toddler.
- Salesforce 886Take the airport train to IFC and take a good meal from the shopping center. Then go outside and enjoy the view of the harbor. Take the ferry’s wheel. Then take the ferry to Tsim Sha Tsui, walk around. More shopping, view the harbor from the other side. Then take the ferry back to the other side then take the train back to the airport.
- Hmm. I don’t really have a recommendation for vegetarian restaurants because I’m not vegetarian I don’t know what’s good. Another tip is to get some HKD in cash. (Especially for the ferry) Mobile payment isn’t as popular as it is in mainland China. Also, metro works super well in HK. It’s also a good option. You can potentially take the metro from IFC to places like Mong Kok to check it out. And then to Tsim Sha Tsui, then back to IFC. You can also ditch all this and take the cable car to the Peak and get a overview of Hong Kong. Depending how much time you actually have.
- Facebook blindbookWith a toddler, your motivation to visit places on layover is amazing. Good luck 👍
- Whatever you decide, buy the octopus card at the airport 711 or visitor center for all transportation except taxi. Taxi takes cash only.
- Disneyland is close to airport. Tian Tan Buddha in Lantau Island is near as well. Ngong Ping 360 cable car offer spectacular view in a nice day.
Or you can take airport express to HK Station into the city Central. The ride is only 21 mins each way. From there, you can see the Victoria Harbour (Marine museum in the piers central for kids) or take the Peak tram up to the Peak especially for night view skyline. Dining and shopping are very convenient.
Hope these are helpful!
- Definitely helping.. Disneyland is an interesting idea (though husband would rather prefer to explore the area). Also how lined up is cable car entry on weekday? Online tour sellers are making a case to buy tickets from them for a group/quick entry. Otherwise city central and short TSH ferry is the way to go as another person recommended. Thanks for suggesting!