As per title: reasonable? Or would I want to off myself?
TOP 26 Comments
- Twitch MyKpaMyKpaI once commuted from the Altamont to MV. Stop being selfish. There’s plenty of people commuting further distances to the city.
- OP are you from the area or you are out of state? You are asking questions like you know nothing. Castro Valley has good schools, search in Zillow or redfin.. Hayward doesn't. We already told you about commute time, like 45 mins. Give it a go, worry about other things (like working in SF) later. Also in life, is not all about asking, grab your car and drive yourself, visit the cities too. Better if you see by yourself.
- Yeah that's why cv is 200k more expensive. Sounds like you can afford cv anyways.
However, I'm thinking you can find out where the best neighborhoods in hayward are and buy a house there. It is a city with more future development potential than cv. Cv seems to be stuck in a stasis in recent years with no significant change whereas hayward and sl have more development and gentrification happening. Might be because cv is still an unincorporated area so it's not a real city
If you have school age kids, cv is better. But if you're not going to have school age kids in next 5-7 years, probably doesn't matter
- Adobe UserChangeWorked in San Jose, lived in Hayward: it sucked. San Mateo is probably more reasonable.
- Less than 1 hr each way. Ppl telling 20mins or 1.5 hrs are definitely wrong. You can use waze or Google maps to calculate commute time