Moving to Vancouver, heard prices for houses there are crazy. Any idea about good suburbs where people generally buy houses near Vancouver?
- Citibank Qt7lCanadian real estate prices are in free fall. Rent for a while and wait for better deals.
19.5 months of inventory can’t be good
- Abbotsford and Chilliwack are pretty far out. Maybe Port Moody, Surrey, Delta... Burnaby... it’s all pricey, though.
- I personally dislike Toronto. Within Canada, it feels like the most American city... so that might be a plus for you. But my negatives is purely based on the weather.
If you don’t mind the cold, consider Calgary or Edmonton. Edmonton has one of, if not the highest rate of job growth right now. I can’t speak to all the sectors but take a look...
And I’d avoid Saskatchewan, Manitoba and the maritimes like the plague. I don’t know what’s going on in Quebec but you might face language challenges.
- Damnn why don’t amazon move more jobs to Portland. The house is cheap as fuck and it’s right next to Vancouver WA where you pay no income tax and no sales tax
- Amazon uncoolbeanIf you want a detached house try Abbotsford or Chilliwack. Depends on what kind of mortgage you can afford.
- Amazon jidh74alcnWith 1.3M you can buy a good house in Vancouver, North Vancouver, or Burnaby. With 1.1M you can buy in Port Moody, Coquitlam, or New Westminster. With 900k you may find sonething in Port Coquitlam, Maple Ridge or North Surrey. If you wanna go lower than that, you would have to go to south surrey, Abbotsford, Mission or Chilliwack which are too far from from downtown (like 1.5 hour drive).