How is the culture and morale?
Been reading lots of negative press on Oracle but research shows Oracle Cloud has some pretty good and well rated products.
- New vstHonest question, what is the motivation for anyone to consider Oracle Cloud? AWS has a pretty big catalog, Enterprise companies already use Azure, for kubernetes or ML stuff, people use GCP. Where does Oracle Cloud fit in?
- I believe that the question meant customers, not for employees.
OCI wants to do a blend of all, but specifically caters to Enterprise lift and shift options since most of the old Oracle offerings were focusing in keeping certain things on prem and not migrating those aspects to the cloud.
OCI also was the first to do some stuff like BM Compute. OCI specifically wanted to be a premier IaaS provider, and then look to the v1 for SaaS and PaaS offerings.
- New anon358I maintain over 200 oracle standard DBs. And what we have to do to maintain that is an abject shitshow. If we could dump oracle we would. Patching is a joke. We have support, and every time they have bombarded us with unrelated questions or flat out blamed us.
When our team talked about moving to the cloud a year ago, we mentioned Oracle cloud....and then promptly laughed for 5 minutes.
- OCI group is well rated. They get paid 3X more than other Oracle employees. Depends on what you r looking for.
- New EMVH32moreRead this discrimination lawsuit and then realize that if are not from India then you have a DUTY to apply. Companies should never be allowed to justify discrimination by saying “nobody was interested”. Feel me?