My current company has started my GC process but it’s in very early stage like they just submitted LCA on DOL. I want to move to Bay Area for better prospects on salary and other counts. How quickly the new company will start my GC. And is it worth waiting for I-140 for lower salary for another 1 year or 15 months or should I just move on to new opportunity if I get offer from FAANG or Lin or Paypal etc? Thanks in advance for your advice. TC range 115k to 130 K
Edit- P.S I still have almost 4 years on H1 remaining.
- Intuit intuit101If you’ll get the solid offer from the company you should not wait. Most companies will start after 6 months but if HM able to get an approval from director or upper level they can start anytime. I did the same and didn’t wait for 140 approval from previous company. You don’t know when you will get your GC and what new rules will introduce in future. Focus for big salary and savings so your financial situation is good in worst case. Good luck
- Intuit intuit101I don’t think that your salary is low so, survive word is not appropriate. You have 4 yrs left in H1 so, i guess you are single and you can enjoy your life fully in that salary.
Now if you want real advice then instead of wait you should spend 2-3 months on leetcode and get the solid offer in big company(no startup or mid-level as you need h1 sponsorship). Try to change company every 2-3 yrs if you’ll move to bay area. Make a money and find a good girl.(if you are too much worried about your status then find GC girl but no need) after working 5-6 yrs you don’t care about this GC waiting and you’ll able to get your GC through eb5 if you want. Just get good offer and make your financial situation strong. You don’t know what immediate situation will come in future so, prepare in advance. Good luck again.7d1