Would like to quantify how many hours should I put on my health related activities everyday including mediation , exercise and meal planning. My current situation is 2 hrs in morning and 1 hrs in evening but seems less to me. Wondering what is the right number of hours for it ?
TOP 12 Comments
- New monomo30 minutes everyday is more than enough. Long term consistency trumps short term intensity.
- I’d say a minimum of 3 1+hour sessions a week, it pays off in so many different ways not just improved health. I sleep better, need less sleep time, have better energy and focus, am happier/calmer, etc. yes the way we live our lives currently it seems like there just isn’t the time, (and believe me I’ve put off exercise so many days weeks months) but I feel sometimes that’s more a failure of prioritization than a lack of time. See what can be dropped to make room (if nothing, oh well).
- Amazon qazwsxedc1Wife and I cook for the whole week on weekends . Takes about 3 hours . I try to workout for about 45 mins about 4-5 times a week.
Wake at 6, gym from 7-8. Get to work at 915, leave at 6, home at 630. Gives me a solid 3 hours at home to relax and unwind .
Will completely change once we have kids I guess
- 20 min strength training and 20 min jog/run 3 times a week.. and do fasting once a week for 24 hours or 18 hours . I found best balance for me.. I usually fast on Friday or Monday some times both to offset the weekend effect
- Eggs with Salad once a week.. chicken curry once a week.. idli and dosa couple of times a week some daals (lentils) mix up in the middle. And fish and lamb or goat once in couple of weeks.. I take care or non veg everything else wife does.. pretty broad.. meat I get from whole foods.. Everything else home made mostly.
- There are a lot of exercise apps these days tho, “7 minute workouts, anytime of day”, haven’t used them though. Anyone have experience with those?
- Microsoft liveordieI think if you exercise at least twice a week, at least 20-30 minutes each time, you should be fine. Aerobics exercises are usually more beneficial for the body. As for meal planning, my wife helps me with it, so I don’t spend time thinking about it. Meditation is likely optional but from what I heard it should not take up much time.