How many lines of code do you write on par day basis on avg in office? Does not include the leetcode or hobby.
- L3 should be writing 1K +- per week (300 + non test code), L4 about the same or a little more + design/meeting overhead, L5 about 60% of that, L6 40% or lower with much more review loads as you go up the levels.
- This is really not a good question because good coders use fewer lines of code
- Quantity of code < Quality of code. You should measure in features or bug fixes and have a multiplier of difficulty to measure productivity
- Our codebase has about 12k classes and several millions of LOC. Fixing a bug can involve changing 1-50 LOC over the course of many weeks.
- Thanks for the recommendation. I actually have that book but found some of the refactoring techniques difficult to implement. Our codebase is so complex that even a one line change can have unexpected consequences, and I’m still a junior dev with a weak mental model of the product as a whole. I’ve been trying to work on open source projects (unsuccessfully so far) and leetcoding to make up for so little coding at work.