How not to screw an engineering interview...
It might have been discussed several times. But let me put a list again:
1. Do not waste much time in intro. Just speak short and simple.
2. Actively listen to each word of the problem statement. Binary tree vs Binary search tree makes huge difference.
3. Write test cases, then think of the solutions. Start coding when it works.
4. Think out loud. Let the interviewer be aware of your thoughts while you are progressing towards solution.
5. Communicate your words clearly. If you get stuck, try speaking slowly and use the time between words to think parallely.
6. Ask questions. Ask until the problem statement is clear in your head. It's like requirement gathering, and then design/implementation.
7. Be specific to what's asked for. Don't just give out generic and obvious content.
8. Try to go through all the leadership principles of the company you are targeting and try to bring them indirectly in your solutions or answers.
9. Put a smile and curiosity on face. It should seem like you are really interested in the company.
10. Keep calm and crack it!!
You are all welcome to add up more :)