For past few weeks, I have started thinking to upgrade my car to Honda CRV as My wife wanted to go for big car. my civic runs fine for 3 people for last 4 years.I do not want to waste money on car.
Is there a way I can continue to be happy with Honda civic and avoid buying CRV? Is there any extra accessories I can add on to my civic to feel happy ?
Or should I buy CRV?
- Dude, with your base salary, you can probably buy a new CRV every month and still have cash left over. Just upgrade it and keep your wife happy.
- eBay / EngseatmoreStop worrying and being so stingy with money your whole life and use some of it to make yourself happy
So what if Warren Buffett drives a beater? He doesn’t care about cars, and he likely has a private driver that costs way more than a nice car. OP clearly cares about getting a nicer car but is just stingy with his money
- Spend some more time with it. Get to know it. It will all work out...
- Bank of The West / ConsultantGSWmoreGet over Honda, buy a Van Pacifica’s new model is great.
- New / EngComTruisemoreThose noisy exhaust pipes to give it like 1000 horsepower. A spoiler to give you like 2G of grip and some stickers so that everyone on the road knows you don’t fuck around.
- Microsoft / Engmkay🔪I have 10yo POS car, and my GF drives BMW coupe with red leather, all bells and whistles. She is always asking me to drive when we're together, and I can say that driving nice car makes me happy.
BTW, driving CR-V definitely won't make me happy because it's just a slow behemoth. I drove it once, no thanks...
- VMware roger2018The question does not match the reason stated in the first part! If your wife wants to buy a big car, what does that have to do with adding accessories to make YOU happy? Adding fancy wheels or neon lights will not serve any purpose.
I have owed a CRV for over a decade and love it. Though I drive a Tesla now. You can’t really add an accessory to make Civic longer or increase the trunk space. Perhaps, buy a used CRV for the wife to make her happy as its not financially wise to sell 4-yr old car. If you are open to buying a different new car, other posts have great suggestions.