If you picked help them, any suggestions on how to approach them and how much effort should be spent.
132 VOTESSELECT ONLY ONE ANSWER
- I need answer to this question as well! There are people in my team who leave at 4 and I work until 6.30 daily. I have pushed more code into prod then them so don't you come at saying I weak at my work
- One of the problem is to stay motivated yourself when You have these useless dead weight who are just getting by...
- It is called team for a reason. You need to walk at the pace of the weakest link to be a good team player.
- They can’t really be stupid, if they can’t complete a task this indicates an issue with how they are managed. A task has a due date. When too many due dates are missed, they are probably incompetent or unfit for that specific task. There’s a difference between stupid and incompetent. If you hired them, you chose poorly. If someone else hired them, you go to them and show them the number of times due dates have been missed, and let them deal with the issue.
- Do they atleast put some effort on their side and do some due diligence befofe asking for help ? You should flag this to your manager as this doesnt seem like a constructive behavior
- Google / EngprodaccessmoreWhat makes you think you are the exception when all your team mates are dumb?
- OP are you out of St. Louis? Just move to a city with a higher percentage of smart people. Part of the problem is that ExpressScripts isn’t necessarily getting top talent.
- Airbnb KnzxAt my last company I sat next to a dude who was literally 60 years old. Needed to drink 12 cups of coffee a day just to focus and stay awake (not exaggerating). The guy was a disaster. Would get stuck on the same problem with the same fix day after day. Refused to learn new languages or technology. Would forget things constantly. Couldn't tell you details of what he was actually working on without blanking. Frequently asked questions that were answered in slack or in meetings he was a part of. Was a dead weight on the team. Some people are just a lost cause and it's best to get rid of them. No matter how hard to you try to help some people are just C-tier and will never get better.