How would you tell your child to respond to being hit by a bully at school
Chase / Engghosted!
What is the best way to respond to a bully
189 VOTESSELECT ONLY ONE ANSWER
- Intel LvOT55If someone pushes you, you push back. That's a lesson that will help in your career (obviously not physically) it's more just standing up for yourself and what you believe / want
- Microsoft Zoobie DooI am struggling with this one too. I tell my kid to to hit harder, but am also worried if the other kids gets severely injured in the process. What is the balance here?
- New / EnghYw82bsosmoreTell them although you don't agree with their actions, you'll fight to protect their right to express them. Welcome to america
- Facebook / EngEasy GoingmoreToday's world has a hard time dealing with bullies because there aren't any good solutions that won't get the bullied person in trouble as well.
Hit back and you both go to the principal's office.
Tell the teacher and you might get bullied more and called all sorts of names and teased by others for being a tattle tale.
Do nothing and everyone suffers more at the hands of the bully.
The establishment wants you to tell them about it. The kid can help themselves out by not involving their parents, telling the teacher privately in the hopes they increase monitoring without blaming the bullied for tattling.
The parent can help out by teaching the bullied kid soft martial arts where they put the aggressor in a hold that prevents the bully from hitting but doesn't leave a bruise on the bully.
- Spotify KXAo87My kid wouldn't listen to me and would instinctively wail back on the bully. Dont know if that's good or bad
- Hit them back and don't stop until the bully begs you to stop or stops moving.
- Microsoft pJcW86What kind of bullying and why? Just one or more? Voting tell the teacher first and you probably need to as well, if they don't do anything see if you can contact the parents and then if no one does anything tell them you and your kid will do anything necessary to defend themselves.
Btw if it is physical punching hard and a bunch of "boys being boys" your kids life could be at risk so don't just ignore it.