What to do when manager is so humiliating when they talk to you? Not because the job was done but it begins with the way they treat you before the task was given! How to handle?
TOP 18 Comments
- New / Mgmtxyz69moreThat's not a manager. That's just an a*sshole and you should tell his boss about it.
- Is this new? Like was the manager like that before? Or are you new to the team? If this is new, give them a benefit of doubt. Try to resolve this with the manager if things aren’t improving. We gotta learn to work with all kind of people. If you find out the person is really a jerk, then you can prepare to leave. And do take it to HR once you are ready to leave.
- This is not new. Happened couple of times.
I worked with different managers/people before. There were situations where the conversation would have ended with a positive note.
But this is way too far. May be its time to find a different team.
But can I take it their boss or HR?
- You should take it to HR and perhaps their boss. But before that, make sure you have a back up plan when things go south. I have seen too many times that politics and power win.
However you should not leave without escalating to the HR, if your company does the right thing then the manager will learn a lesson in a hard way.Mar 132
- The way you typed those sentences say the manager humiliating himself or herself.
Did you mean condescending attitude towards you?
- Is there a reason for that? Like you not delivering or you not understanding things? If you have issues fix them, if he is just a jerk, leave
- Tektronix / SalesBlueBerdmoreThe Schmuck in My Office: How to Deal Effectively with Difficult People at Work https://www.amazon.com/dp/125007567X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_lQrICb78FWFKD