I'm completing online data science course which ends in a capstone project. I can't think of a topic, any suggestions? Im looking for a unique and interesting topic to explore.... with data that I can I find easily. I'd also like to be able to complete the entire project in about 3 full days. Also preferably something applicable to possible buisness's needs. Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!
- you could do some statistical analysis on gun deaths wrt gun laws and other factors, by zip code, and draw some conclusions. :)
- Hey I did that one too. Lucky, you get to pick your project! We all had to do the nlp text prediction thing. It was an interesting enough project, but kinda lame in that it required very little knowledge from the classes.
Don't look on GitHub, unless you're just looking for inspiration on ideas. Plagiarists are assholes. :P
- @kml, the Data Science specialization with Johns Hopkins, on Coursera.
It's a 9 course specialization with one project course at the end.
Is it worth doing? Maybe... Do it because you're interested, not for the badge on LinkedIn.
You can take multiple classes in parallel. I would do them 2 at a time, for a comfortable pace with a full time job.
However, the statistics course is the toughest one, so depending on your math, you might want to take that one by itself and take your time with it.
The course is done with the R language, which is kind of okay for exploratory stuff, but beyond that, it's an unpleasant language. Would have been more interesting to do the course with Python/numpy or something like that.
It's really easy to get perfect grades.
If you can convince your boss/company to expense it, go for it. :)Apr 10, 2018 1
- Microsoft @russia.coDo it on how much money Muller is wasting on digging up dirt on Trump to find the mystical collusion vs. how easy it would be to prove Hillary took money from Russia for Uranium deal.
- Microsoft HDnI53Look at kaggle to get ideas. I have worked on some projects involving the NYC cab data set. Lots of things to do around it like hotspot analysis, trip time prediction etc