South Asian Female.
pretty hot! 🔥
For a long time I didnt worry about age at all.
I'm from Kolkata where its not common to go abroad for studies. I studied at a premier college in India ane worked at a MNC for some years before I even knew going international was possible. Wasted about 2.5 years in the process.
When I came to usa for my studies I got a full scholarship and decided to pursue my Phd. Didn't have an awesome mentor and decided to leave Phd for Masters after 3 years. One extra year than rest of my peers.
I've been in the industry for 5 years now, but most of my peers with similar background is about 3.5 years younger than me.
Added to that I work at Microsoft now where most of my colleagues haven't gone to grad school. So another 3-4 years younger. Overall age gap of almost 7-8 years. New joinees are 10 years younger almost.
I'm good at my job, good at communicating, and overall look like I must be 28-29. My boyfriend is 4 years younger than me and everything is great. But eveytime I tell my age to someone I feel they are talking behind my back. In fact, more often people are praising me for looking so young etc.
When I was a child I couldn't wait to grow up and do all grown up stuff. But now that I am one it just makes me feel sad.
I was just wondering if anyone else is in the same boat and what do you do to get over this feeling? I didn't realize getting older can make you feel so sad even when everything else is going great in your life!
South Asian Female.
- Microsoft iamboredCan’t figure out if this is a shit post or a brag post or a shitty brag post.
- Look, I replied earlier too. 34 is not old at all. You should give yourself time to figure your life out. Being Indian I understand there is pressure and we are programmed a certain way but times are changing even in india. Plenty people get married late. Also, grass isn't greener on the other side. There are huge challenges to overcome after you get married.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- I am quite disappointed that you identified yourself as “south Indian” and not “Indian”.
- Half the tubbies I see in yoga pants also think they are hot but that's besides the point.
You should realize a simple fact that all of us get older. Staying young or always the same age would be fucking unbearable. What's the problem with your age exactly?
I'm 37, I love being my age, just as I loved being 27 and 17 but there is no way that I would want to go back or relive those days.
- I'm thinking you are totally overreacting on something that is purely a figment of your imagination.
You have an age related insecurity. You constantly think and obsess about it driving yourself crazy. Eventually this will rub off on your BF unless you address it.
Why are you insecure?
- Ultimately appearance is somewhat irrelevant. You have a BF and he likes what you've got. In any case, the only suggestion I can give you is to get over this shit because it's counterproductive to literally everything you'd ever want to do. Silence that voice in your head and invest in self confidence. That earns point on the attractiveness scale. Being a whiny Debby Downer about some shit you can't even control subtracts those points.
- Nobody's looking to meet a 34-yo delusional fatty on Blind. Sorry to break the news.
- eBay pepperjackLooking young != Hot
You stated that you’re hot and then in the entire post just talk about how young you look. 🙄
- Look at Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas ! At 37 she's 11 years older than Nick. Who cares !
- @imonlyhum you are 30 and you listen to JoBros music? Priyanka is hot but she's not really great at anything. She's not a good actress or a singer or anything. Yes she's smart and has a lot of celebrity and looks good,speaks well (albeit controversial with the recent Twitter fiasco) But anyways, besides the point. I can't really identify with her. Also frankly don't think I'm that hot.
- In general, until a person is married and has kids, such kind of insecurities are natural as you age, since you dont know how your life is going to end up like.
- It’s a matter of perspective. You would be looking at yourself differently if your peers were a little older than you. Everyone goes through this phase where from being the youngest in your group, you are suddenly among the older ones. I went through it, and I’m in 30s myself.
- How do I find people my age? I came to study 2.5 years later. So most of my my grad school buddies are 2.5 years younger approx. I came to work 1 year after so most of my work buddies are 2.5 + 1 years younger. I'm talking about people who started with me. I changed jobs and now my colleagues are mostly undergraduates who have been working for 3-5 years.
- Walmart / Data getpaidAsians don't age. You are 34 on ID but you look like 25 in person. Age is a number. I am sure you are a gorgeous woman.