I literally had an argument with one Indian lady as i only take a single person. I asked her politely to be seated in the front and still she sat on the back and literally told me she is not comfortable to seat with other men in the front seat. I, out of courtesy let her and did not cancel the ride. But it was very awkward. #notyourChauffeur
EDIT: Lot of posts are about the lady have a choice where she wants to seat and it makes no difference where they seat.
I wanted to update that she absolutely had choice and she choose to seat in the back seat and i allowed her and was polite enough not to cancel the ride, which is what i will do in future. And like her i also have a choice to allow people to ride with me only on the front seat.. i have no obligations to let anyone ride on the back seat... if they don't want they can cancel their ride and do an Uber/Lyft...
It makes a huge difference where the person is seated for some culture it means you are their driver? Would she seat in the back seat if her boss/Team members was driving and say that i only ride with my husband on the front seat?
- LinkedIn fcy504As a non-Indian lady who’s always cautious and wary of her surroundings, I probably also would have asked to sit in the back seat. This shouldn’t be called out as race-specific. Also, you never know what past experiences she might have been through that makes her nervous to sit in the front seat with a man.
- if you are cautious then rideshare is not a great idea i do respect your choice but i dont understand how front seat is less safe than back... it is race specific as i the lady mentioned the same in her reply also out of hundreds of drives i made only indian girls seems to do that..Jan 83
- What would you have gained if she sat in the front row next to you? I don’t think scoop has a user agreement that says you have to sit in the front row because it’s not your Lyft or Uber. You are scooping because you needed that “peanuts”, don’t be cheap, respect your co riders preference. If you are offended because your co rider sits at the back row, don’t scoop (just like how you have suggested to the “Indian” girl that she should not use Scoop if she is cautious).
- As a man I am tired of this constant judgement and ‘guilty until proven innocent’ bs. My car, my rules. It’s about mutual respect here, two equals ride-sharing to reduce carbon footprint. If people want a chauffeur driven experience they better pay for it and not share rides on scoop (uber, lyft is still ok, there is a service provider dynamic there between the driver and passengers)
Be guilt free and cancel those rides buddy. You don’t want that kind of negativity around you. As far as the race/nationality thing goes, I don’t think it’s an Indian thing. Have had weirder requests from others, it’s just stupid people.
- Google / EngBluthsToo late. You should have cancelled. If she is that worried about sitting in the front seat, she can always order a Lyft/Uber/cab.
The race baiting was unnecessary though.
- Since your goal was to meet "interesting" people....well you did. She doesn't ride in the front with strange men.
she might have a husband or man who will beat the shit out of her if she is seen fraternizing with another dude. You should lighten up and roll with it.
- And since you are deliberately driving other people around #youAreTheirChauffeur. That's how that works.
- Amazon eapG18Why do you care? If your goals are to reduce your carbon footprint and have an interesting conversation, it makes no difference where they sit. The benefits for you are getting a small amount of gas money, use of the carpool lanes and a possible decent conversation. If the conversation doesn’t happen, start up an audiobook and enjoy the faster commute. Such a stupid complaint.
Flagged by the community.
- Not acceptable in scoop. Happened to me once. I asked scoop to not to match with that person again.
- Cisco / Productla68this is nothing to do with race! grow up and respect people’ feelings. if a woman is uncomfortable sitting in front seat with other men, then there must be a reason ( some history to her..?) i would not be offended.. also you can silently unfavorite her in-scoop if it bothers u that much...