I don't want to leave my aging parents struggling by themselves. I don't mind if my career or relationship (which are none at this time) take a hit.
I thought about it a lot:
1. If I am in another country, my parents back home are always worried for my safety and well being.
2. I can't get them here permanently because of visa restrictions. All I can do is 6 months on and off.
3. Even if I get them here (by sorting out visa via the marriage or PhD route), they will find it difficult to assimilate here because of the cultural/language/food differences. They have a good support system and extended family back home, while here they will feel lonely.
4. I cannot provide them the support I feel I am responsible for, by staying in another country. The travel itself is restrictive and 15+ hours long.
5. Many companies now pay pretty well in India. Example - Uber, Salesforce, Paytm, LinkedIn, Ola, etc.
Overall, I am planning to move back in 2019. I got a few interviews scheduled already in India.