How did you decide the long term India vs USA debate? What is the cost of caring for aging parents if you get them to stay in US permanently? If not, how do you take care of aging parents in India. For me, this is becoming a forcing function to go back.
I don't want to leave my aging parents struggling by themselves. I don't mind if my career or relationship (which are none at this time) take a hit.
I thought about it a lot:
1. If I am in another country, my parents back home are always worried for my safety and well being.
2. I can't get them here permanently because of visa restrictions. All I can do is 6 months on and off.
3. Even if I get them here (by sorting out visa via the marriage or PhD route), they will find it difficult to assimilate here because of the cultural/language/food differences. They have a good support system and extended family back home, while here they will feel lonely.
4. I cannot provide them the support I feel I am responsible for, by staying in another country. The travel itself is restrictive and 15+ hours long.
5. Many companies now pay pretty well in India. Example - Uber, Salesforce, Paytm, LinkedIn, Ola, etc.
Overall, I am planning to move back in 2019. I got a few interviews scheduled already in India.