I'm sick of Facebook. My work is boring and I'm working with internal tools with no bloody documentation. Stack overflow is pointless here. Yet they expect us to move at the speed of light. My team members don't care much for me. I plan on moving to Google/Airbnb after I hit my 1 year mark. I'm pretty good with Leetcode. Would these problems be better there?
TOP 40 Comments
- Facebook / Engfb2017moreI work four times harder in fb than in google, and I make twice as much. So worth it or not depends on who you are.
- Haha that stat is totally irrelevant. You actually have staffed teams for infra and frameworks.. so you're life will be much saner. But if you want to do hacker nights with 21 year olds without family or life and glad that you had more impact by getting some 60 something grandma addicted to a dying Facebook app.. go ahead..Aug 22, 201814
- Facebook / Eng870If you are complaining about not being able to rely on stackoverflow I don't see how joining google will help
- Don’t come to Airbnb, go to Google. I left a nice gig at Google for more (paper) money at Airbnb and I sincerely regret it.
- Engineering << Product at Airbnb, and the problems aren’t that interesting. It’s not a tech culture, and there’s a lot of unnecessary office politics. IC’s are kept on a short leash by “visionary” managers who don’t like to feel threatened by capable grunts.
Airbnb likes to sell candidates that there’s so many engineering challenges that it’s a great place to be, but these challenges are there in the first place because of ill equipped management not doing things well in the first place.
- Uber Jfyv57We work really hard at Uber but the problems we get to solve are incredible, and the people are all great imo. You should try interviewing here