Chase / IT DaItguy
Sep 9 32 Comments
TOP 32 Comments
Flagged by the community.
- Chase ptgi36moreThey will find out, and you can get in a lot of trouble if you don’t disclose them intentionally. They have to monitor all employee trades for insider trading and restricted securities. You have to pre-clear ALL personal self-directed trades, buy or sell, with compliance. I don’t think you have to disclosed separately managed accounts, as you are not making your own investment decisions, but you should reach out to compliance regardless.
- Possible to hide but the omission most likely will be caught eventually even if not caught immediately. Best to disclose all and get things cleaned up. If worst comes to worst start making a list of extremely trusted friends/ family (not spouse or children)
- Goldman Sachs / Eng fWRn37Depending on the firm and business unit, index funds MIGHT be okay without Preclearance. Advise to read the fine print or check with compliance. Also edge cases, I.e might not be allowed to short, puts, etc.
- Chase kQxw50Lol Chase does not allow employees to have a Robinhood account so i’ll “have” to close it. But in order to close it, you have to sell everything or transfer. To sell them, you have to put in preclearance for everything. To get preclearance, you have to have your shares at least 30 days to get cleared and manager approval and sell it on the same day you get the clearance.
- Thanks all for the insight.
One more question which I forgot to ask earlier is about the side hustle. I'm also a co-founder on a startup and have equity but not getting paid. Do I need to disclose this as well, if so just fearful if they ask to withdraw from it.
Any thoughts/suggestions will be appreciated!
And my employer is blackrock.
- Voya / Finance Blind867moreThey'll fire you so fast if you don't, PLUS you could face fines and penalties.
- Broker may ask you for employer name, like Vanguard did in my case. And they simply denied opening an account without approval letter from compliance team. Weirdest experience. Fidelity can push data automatically as well. There are automatic feeds between financial institutions as I understand