TOP 43 Comments
- I had one coworker fired for poor performance. The person messed up several things in a row, got placed on a PIP, and then messed up again. It might take more for poor performance to get fired in the federal workforce, but it does happen. Also, never misuse a government vehicle, because that is an automatic 30 day suspension minimum and possible termination.Jan 27 0
- Capital One da2de2sePip is actually a good thing. Without pip, you’re fired without warning.
- Credit Karma / Eng inguhvyhvWtf is "PIP culture"? OP, you don't sound like understand what a pip is.
Flagged by the community.
- New / Design zWKM30There are private companies out there that don’t do Performance Improvement Plans. I worked for one for three years. Usually, those types of measures are taken by managers who don’t communicate well with their employees and, frankly, have no business being managers in the first place.
- Hubspot MrMagnetoHubSpot doesn’t do PIPs - they give you a chance to get better if you’re failing and are clear about if you’re at risk of losing your job - so, when someone is being let job, they know why and mostly are not surprised. So, it’s strong feedback culture - but also, get shit done culture - so it’s like a PIP without the doc