Just because AOC has the loudest voice doesn't mean others are stupid. OF COURSE every human being on this planet wants clean energy and equality for all. But most people realize the real-world difficulties of achieving them and work their way up. Deep down we're not different. Everyone wants to see a happy equal sustainable world.
Throwing tantrums on TV saying climate change is real and this is the civil war of our time won't make things happen. AOC is suffering a disconnect from realistic technology. If we had the technology for such a change, of course we would switch.
We all want the same thing. But we show it realistically in terms of our actions. Only a child like AOC resorts to loud words and no action.
Holding a moral high ground doesn't get you anything. Everyone has good moral values, some people just decide to act with humility.
- Amazon lolwhatOne of the reasons why she's getting a lot of press could be because she's good looking and the internet news works on clickbaiting and people just subconsciously click more on her articles.
- Amazon lolwhatWell, I caught myself clicking on her news stories and thinking "why am I clicking on this, I hate her and she's not even an important person, it's not like what she says matters, she was a nobody just a few months ago."
Then I realized I click because of the thumbnails and I gotta admit she's good looking.
*Insert Bronn meme*
- Fiat Chrysler xcleet'if we had the technology for such a change, of course we would switch'
I'm not an AOC fan.
But looking at current state of affairs, people are encouraging coal over solar or wind. Gas over electric cars. Undoing the clean air act. Undoing environmental protection regulations. I recently heard they want to bring asbestos back.
I have to agree with AOC on this.
The current administration is keen on undoing a lot of progress that was made in last 8-10 yrs, and they enjoy doing that to troll libruls. AOC is trying to energize the base and to prevent them from voting third party candidate costing this enormous amount of damage done by this administration.
- Your assertion is false, not everyone wants equality for all, nor do they want to see a sustainable world.
- Credit Karma EllisDee25I think this is a big overestimation:
“OF COURSE every human being on this planet wants clean energy and equality for all.”
Not a very few very powerful people. Not industry when petrol or natural gas is cheaper. And they have a lot more influence over the US or other governments than regular people do.
These are big hurdles to making any progress.
- Lol I knew snowflake had a bunch of French and German guys but since when have they started hiring people like OP. You’re not from the Seattle office are you?