How many of you think MacKenzie getting(hypothetically) 50% of Jeff Bezos wealth would be fair?
364 VOTES SELECT ONLY ONE ANSWER
TOP 32 Comments
- Amazon gTHU62I’d like to hear somebody’s reasonable argument for why it is fair because it really doesn’t make sense to me
- Jeff and Mackenzie were married for 25 years. She has been with him since before he even started amazon, did not marry him for his money. They even had kids before he left his job and they moved to Seattle to start amazon. She has been part of the entire journey. Have you ever run a business and have a smart spouse at the same time? If you did you would know that spouse is totally a big part of it. I know because I have been through that journey. Even the legal system leans towards favoring spouse in such cases even in the absence of a pre nup. It is obvious that spouse deserves half here. She was his big supporter and equally involved in all early decisions that led to him starting amazon. Including the risk. Those of you who think this is unfair either don’t know their story or are just jerks.Jan 9 11
- Amazon gTHU62It might be a jump to call us “jerks” when we are trying to hear other views. My experience in marriage is that while it is supportive it is also very challenging. It isn’t fair to simply assume that Jeff’s professional life was made better by the marriage. It could have been a distraction.Jan 10 1
- This is not a matter of views. As I said even the legal system leans towards supporting the spouse in cases like this. It is very clear. Your comments make you seem very young and immature. If his marital life was a distraction and bad for his professional life he wouldn’t have stayed in it for 25 years. He has made comments on his marriage several times.Jan 10 1
- What kind of a backward regressive statement is that? It goes both ways, women or men. Under WA state law you have to split everything in half that you made during the course of your marriage. That is totally fair and square. Anything a person had before the marriage or made after the marriage ended is theirs to keep. Everything they made during that marriage is split in half. Doesn’t matter if wife is the bigger beneficiary or husband. Fair both ways.Jan 10 0
- I'm sure Jeff would have done far better in career had she not been there with her drama and nagging and fights and other things that wives do. To be fair, she should pay him a few billion to compensate for lost opportunity costs and emotional trauma.
- She deserves half. There would have been no Jeff without her.
- It’s a easy business now a Days marry successful man.. and use him for his wealth and leave him for 50%... what you get is enjoyment + money without skill....
- It’s called investment buddy.. when did I say she is not smart?.. yes she is smart.. she knew where to invest and now she is asking everything back with premium interest.. I am not saying she is wrong.. I am saying she did a good business choices.. but according my understanding and knowledge marriage is a pious relationship between two souls then few business deals...
- What are you saying? Doesn’t make any sense to me. Why do you think she ‘invested’ in him? They worked at DE Shaw together, fell in love, got married. How was this a ‘good business choice’ from MacKenzie? At that time Jeff Bezos was a regular guy with a private equity company job and not an entrepreneur
- My friend to make sense what I say... you may be need to go through the hell I went.. anyways but I will pray to god you never need to.. may be our perspective to look at the things are not matching. If I will try hard to make the sense for you then I feared I might end up wrong few things that I should not.. anyways may be we both are at different stage of life and hence you are seeing what I don’t and I am watching that you are not...
- Oh my god, write English, as I can’t follow anything you are writing at all. None of it makes grammatical sense and is hard to understand. All I will say is stop projecting your life on others. On this thread No one cares what happened with you. We are talking about Jeff Bezos and Mackenzie, and nothing gives you the right to say crap about Mackenzie just because some woman dumped you.
- Amazon / Product AmznnnDamn there’s some jaded dudes posting in this thread.
“What happened, Harry? Some little filly break your heart?”