Have my start date at Google in the first week of April but I have some RSUs vesting in May. Is it ok to move the start date to May 2nd week? How would my recruiter and HM react to this?
- I think first impression is important. Don’t haggle over a small amount. They must have already given you a big TC raise.
What do you think the HM thinks when he hears you want to delay your joining for Intel stock? Especially when they have already changed the joining date for your immigration issues.
- Google might be huge but his manager cares only about his projects. And op already postponed his joining from March to April.
So the HM showed understanding from his side. And OP could be get into taking undue advantage category.
Also, his HM might not make a big deal out of this. But do you want take that risk at your new job or do you want to start with your best foot forward?7d0
- MathWorks cJ8oNwA couple of grand is meaningless in the big scheme of things. If the recruiter was pushing for March, the team needs you ASAP obviously. You already delayed it to April - trying to push it back to May again because of unvested RSUs is not going to look good. I would just start in April...
- New blink420I don’t think it hurts to ask. The worse they can say is no. Don’t demand, and don’t give them too much information, just ask
- eBay / EngoaosoeoHow much money is it? 5k? Don’t risk messing up a new relationship with your boss for 2.5k after taxes.