For those who are interested in egg freezing but scared to do so :)
TOP 44 Comments
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- What age did you do it? Were the mood swings really as bad as people say?
- I did it twice and it was the best decision I ever made. I got a low count the first time which is why I did it again. Praying those eggs last into my 40s
- Expedia dr. peeWhat’s the viability timeline like these days? A couple of years ago , when I inquired, I was told that chances of pregnancy are almost nil after the fifth year of freezing.
- Is the process complicated and long drawn ?
Does it need an operation ? Where they need to sedate you ?
More information on what a “cycle” is will help !
- The process (counting from the first injection to the actual surgery) lasts about 2 weeks. But it takes another 2 weeks to fully recover and feel normal again. Cycle = period cycle = one surgery. You can only withdraw as many eggs you have within your normal period cycle. And after that, if you don’t have enough, you will have to wait for the next normal period to start in order to begin your next cycle. Hope this makes sense. Yes they fully sedates you for the operation.
- 1 how old are you
2 what were your primary motivators for doing so?
I wonder if its like you wanna inc your tc before having kids or you didnt find anyone up to your standards or something else
- Late 20’s. I’m in a relationship, but I don’t ever want to be that woman that pressures the guy to marry bc I have a “timeline”, and what if this guy doesn’t work out? Another reason is I have so many high priorities in my life right now, and I want to delay my plan to build a family. I could use these eggs for my 2nd/3rd child too!
- Indeed good-boyethats a more complicated situation and really changes the dynamic of the landscape as youre well aware, playette. I’d have to evaluate the situation with the clear downside being that she could screw me over, divorce me, take all my money, and be impregnated by another male thereby cucking me at my old age with no recourse to having my own offspring.
- LOL it honestly doesn’t make sense to me because why would anyone be in a LONG term relationship with such a toxic partner? The scenario I described above is dedicated to couples that have been dating a long time, trust and truly love each other but haven’t decided to marry yet! Also, what if you do decide to marry her when you both get older, IVF at a later age is very costly!