Serious post. I have gone through all old posts I could find. Need some fresh perspective. Hope you can help me here.
I have competitive offers from both with Lyft leading by a margin. Offer is no longer the deciding factor for me.
1. Which company has long term growth prospects for a PM in the infra side?
2. Better work life balance. Pre ipo, so I don't expect to rest, but hope not to be pulling 50-60hr/w regularly.
Former Uber employees said that the tech stack was a mess in 2017. How is it now? How about Lyft?
1) Do you like coping or innovating?
2) Bing or Google?
3) Ride sharing or Mobility platform?
4) No IPO plans or well defined IPO strategy
5) No annual refreshers vs good annual refreshers
6) Lyft credit vs Uber credits (yes, you can buy food with it's through ubereats)
7) US centric vs global
I think it's a simple choice overall but you need to do your own research about the team and see which one you like the most.
Clearly with Infra Uber needs a lot more work to support these massive businesses like Rides, Eats, Frieght, ATG, Jump etc
Work life balance is team dependent.