Lyft recruiter ghosted me after sending email for onsite interview.Jun 29, 2018
It's been a week since she sent me the invite for the onsite interview. I replied to her email the next day asking if we could set up a quick call as I had a few questions and sent my availability after another 2 days. She usually responds very quickly, but I haven't heard back from her yet and now I'm getting concerned.
I have had another company set up a phone interview with me and cancel it after 2 days. So I don't know how common this is..
- Microsoft SkankhuntHappened to me with Microsoft, the recruiter completed blacked out on me! She just stopped responding to email, text, anything. I looked another recruiter up, and she connected me with another recruiter that sat the interview up for me. I ended up receiving an offer and accepting it! I saw the recruiter that blacked out on me one day, I knew how she looked, she apologized when I asked her why she blacked out, she was a total b*#^¥. She could’ve ruined someone’s career and she probably already did!
- Amazon / MgmtDEPk35moreRecruiters are the worst. Once you accept this, you’re only surprised when they’re legit.
- yikes... I'm in the exact same boat. Its been about 2 weeks since the initial email, and I sent a followup about 5 days ago.
did you ever get a response?
- Okay that's been a while. Was there any ooo reply? The recruiter I was talking to was ooo(but didn't have the ooo reply set up). She replied after I sent my third email. Overall a week and a half. July 4th week and all. I wouldn't normally worry but I have been burned before.Jul 9, 20181
- Uber IhXN27I had a similar situation with similar company. They contacted me extremely late and apologizing. Weeks later I find out they already had the position before I even had the chance to prove myself. HR does need to meet Quotas too. Good Luck
- Lyft chambooPossibly on summer vacay especially given it is around July 4th. Have patience, nothing to worry. There are many openings right now