Heard from couple people that they are really now feeling left out of the self driving game, and burning the platform partnerships they created with the L5 team that already too late in the game, true?
TOP 33 Comments
- Uber The TruthLyft isn’t as big as Uber Eats. You can’t sink if you were never afloat.
- Yeah they suck all they do is try and copy Uber products and pretend like they are the “good boyfriend”.
- Uber / Eng chuck-moreTake a look at: https://take.lyft.com/open-platform/ and plus they have their own team in Palo Alto working on self-driving cars which is way behind Waymo and Uber ATG. But truly L5 self driving cars are years away ... companies still have time. Once a company has truly L5 capability to produce in mass production then that is game changer (I believe at least 3-5 years).
- Uber ljkThey can always sell their network to someone who has built self driving cars. Not as profitable as owning your own tech but could also work, but self driving won't be a major factor for growth in the next few years. So sinking or not depends on how their core business is doing on the path to profitability. If Uber becomes profitable first then Lyft could be in trouble.
- Lyft is playing the long game well on ride sharing but if they aren’t progressing in Autonomous Vehicles, I wonder how impactful that is. Having the two sided network is everything, and in a future where one side will be robots, id better feel good about my robot strategy. Maybe their plan is to license through Auora, who knows if AV is a build or buy/license play yet.