I have verbal offers from these companies for software engineering roles ( I have around 3.5 years of experience along with a Masters ). Will hopefully get the numbers this week. I am inclined a bit towards lyft as its still young, seemed to have good culture and felt like the work will be exciting. Although, not sure how their compensation will stand against amazon and nest. Nest just launched a whole bunch of products and felt like they are getting back on track again. Also everyone in the team there moved from Google and seemed really really smart and friendly. Amazon’s offer is for lab126. I have heard some bad reviews about the work culture in general but not sure. Any pointers / thoughts appreciated !
TOP 24 Comments
- Amazon whoami001Lyft should be able to beat Amazon and nest easily... With paper money thou
- OmniTier Storage whoCares!!moreAmazon hands down, assuming offer is not too far apart.... after 10+ years only Amazon will survive.. Lyft and Nest will be gone..
- Lyft of course. Growing super fast, crazy difficult technical challenges, great team and just a super fun environment to work at.
- How do you manage a two sided market that is about one square mile time 5 minutes across the entire US while keeping an overview of a city / state / country. How do you balance supply and demand over long periods of time and grow in balance during seasons where you get more and less demand.Nov 7, 2017 1
- This ^. Don’t think Lyft is going anywhere for the next 4-5 years.
- Netflix / Eng sfo8492Disclaimer: I haven't worked for Amazon and can only speak from the experience of friends.
Amazon is a nightmare to work for from stories I've been told by more than a handful of people. The people I know joined and bailed after not too long because of the environment (under 2 years), and have continued to preach that the grass is greener.
If you value your happiness and want to feel like you're able to make an impact, I didn't get a feeling of that being very possible inside Amazon from those I know.
- Google moo🐮Nest. Things are very much back on track. You can have small company impact earning Google comp