Machine learning deep learning = just another bubble? What long term goal should I tell in interviews if its just bubble.
- Google / EngBluthsDeep learning is a subset of machine learning. ML is certainly not a bubble.
- I new to ML and DL. I have done MS in ML DL. But was not sure should I go ahead with other domain while applying to jobs. Or should I only focus on pure ML DL jobs.
I read articles saying ML DL requirement is just a trend right now.
- If you have done your MS, you should have some idea on the potential of the science. Part of education is to be able to evaluate these things and forge your path. Not to follow bubbles. If you are fascinated by ML, then figure innovative ways to use it and use your inspiration for your career and interviews.Jan 121
- Amazon qxdY78Not a bubble. ML and DL will fundamentally change everything about the way we function and live in society. It is thought of as the new electricity.
- Twitter yxPm28moreWhy would any technology be a “bubble”? You can’t fake a technology, it is what it is. Same goes with blockchain, there’s no bubble there. If it works, it works. Only bubble is in people’s expectation of shit like “robot taking over” and “bitcoin going to $1m”
- Plenty of people are dissing you. I want to know what's your background. What do you mean "long term goal you tell in interviews"? Are you a candidate for ML positions or do you interview machine learning applicants? If former then you're a data mining professional and your mindset should be that you want to be competent in state of the art intensive modelling techniques. If latter then it's pretty easy to know if the candidates understand the theoretical/practical nauances of ML.