Can a SDE get apple laptops and desktop in Microsoft? Location: India
- Microsoft Micr0s0ftWhy do you need a Mac? Because rich people have Macs and you want be one of them? You work for damn Microsoft. Get a Windows laptop and get work done.
- Illumina / OtheractivesitemoreFWIW our mobile app devs prefer macs (even the ones who have an affinity for Microsoft) because obviously you need a Mac for iOS development, and they all seem to prefer android studio on the Mac to the windows or Linux version as well.
I don’t know if these are rich guys thoJan 70
- Microsoft Mr 🌏Only designers can have Macs. All other roles can only get a Windows machine (surface or lenovo)
- Microsoft jmvhNot true. You can pick either of Windows, Mac. I haven’t seen anyone pick Linux.
- Microsoft wbYt28No. You don't get a choice of hardware at all. If your admin gives you a thinkpad, that's what you get.
Macs are usually only for teams working on multi platform stuff or designers
- In general, how much TC should I expect if I clear interview for SDE 2