Men of blind - What do you to make gf feel loved and secure about future together or is this all overrated and she will never be satisfied with anything that I do?
Ladies - what kind of gestures are you more appreciative of? Do arguments/ difference of opinion skew your perception of relationship entirely?
I genuinely care about her and take care of her, but am not too expressive or romantic types and want to take it to next level.
- You don’t. If she is seeking validation, just make a joke about it and move on. It’s a hole you can’t really fill (pun intended) and trying will only make it bigger.
- Airbnb / EngJxjdukskjsBluth’s cynical advice is terrible. Take it from a guy who has been married 25 years. If your woman is feeling insecure in the relationship you don’t just make a joke and move on.
One thing you can do: you said you want to take it to the next level, so Tell Her About It. In fact, read the lyrics to the Billy Joel song by that name (“now and then, she’ll get to worrying.”). Do this when you are alone and there is time and when you are both in a good mood. Like right after you both have been laughing or loving together.
- Airbnb guy is right. If you wanna keep a nice thoughtful woman you ought to be nice and thoughtful too. There is nothing wrong with validation, and that hole can be filled by the smallest gestures like posting a post it on her phone saying I♡U. The return on that small gesture would be bigger than all the love that Bluths probably received😉Jan 61
- Engaging me in a conversation would at least be closer than you'll ever get to being engaged to a woman. But a man that is so easily defeated in a war of words, such as yourself, truly shows the level of one's intellect.
And it's ok that you're only one dimensional, but just know you'll only get so far in life and you probably won't ever be truly happy. A lonely man with all the money in the world is still just a lonely man.
- Amazon 1700zuluLearn her love language and follow that. The best advice I can give you is “love someone the way they need to be loved.” For some, it’s showing commitment; for others, gifts like a spa day; some just need that adoring “I love you and choose you” look every day.
If you’re really serious about her, take the next step in having a future together, and that means increasing exit costs. It could be moving in, proposing—something where your actions speak louder than words.
- Adobe warabiYou said it in the last sentence. You want to take it to the next level. Tell her that. Women who are insecure in a relationship are usually rightfully insecure because the guy doesn't want to take it to the next level and is uncertain. If you're not that guy, then that's all she needs to know. If that doesn't satisfy her, then there may indeed be other issues.
Flagged by the community.
- Facebook KittyKattCompliment her, tell her how you feel, Bring flowers, open doors, ask her about her life and listen, then comment back on what she says without changing the subject.