Saw some posts on mass (100%) layoffs in Sales and partner teams at MapR - anyone knows what’s going on exactly ?
TOP 48 Comments
- Come on, a lot of ppl at MapR has no clue, you hear rumor here and there, unless you are close to executives, you don't know until the deal has been closed. Even you have friends, you don't want to press them to share internal info, which might put them at risk. Lots of early employees have a pretty big chunk of shares, and they spent their own money to buy it. And they are not there anymore.May 26 1
- I haven't seen anything definitive on the Internet; it seems as though they're trying to keep things hush-hush (not sure why, unless they're worried about a bidding war - which I would love!). My info comes from people who were there until just before last week's layoffs...
- Several sources have confirmed the layoffs of all of Sales on 5/9/19... DXC is supposedly the acquiring company, having taken on most of the rest of the company on Tuesday 5/14/19 (except some US and India resources), with the full acquisition to be completed in June...
- It would be pathetic if acquired by Cloudera. But I just want the highest bid.
- T-Systems tyranITMy gut said IBM or MSFT. SAP came to mind but seems a bit of a stretch. We will find out soon enough. US team liquidated, EU packing up. Cloudera may not be able to integrate the HW acquisition as efficiently as they had hoped. That is a bridge too far IMO. But I have been wrong (many times) before. Storage co. as a possibility as well since all storage CO's are so much more these days 🧐
- No updates on this yet. Based on last week's events, I thought the news will break out soon.
- It’s over .. it’s sad 😞 it had promise .. gle.com/amp/s/kkkk://www.sfchronicle.com/business/amp/Software-company-MapR-once-worth-more-than-1-13904888.php .. they should have partnered and stayed open source .. they went closed source proprietary and got sodemized 😑
- https://www.cnbc.com/2019/06/05/cloudera-ceo-reilly-departs-earnings-q1-2020.html - cloudera CEO Tom Reilly departs