Saw some posts on mass (100%) layoffs in Sales and partner teams at MapR - anyone knows what’s going on exactly ?
TOP 36 Comments
- I haven't seen anything definitive on the Internet; it seems as though they're trying to keep things hush-hush (not sure why, unless they're worried about a bidding war - which I would love!). My info comes from people who were there until just before last week's layoffs...
- Several sources have confirmed the layoffs of all of Sales on 5/9/19... DXC is supposedly the acquiring company, having taken on most of the rest of the company on Tuesday 5/14/19 (except some US and India resources), with the full acquisition to be completed in June...
- MapR Technologies UnnderpaidIt would be pathetic if acquired by Cloudera. But I just want the highest bid.
- T-Systems tyranITMy gut said IBM or MSFT. SAP came to mind but seems a bit of a stretch. We will find out soon enough. US team liquidated, EU packing up. Cloudera may not be able to integrate the HW acquisition as efficiently as they had hoped. That is a bridge too far IMO. But I have been wrong (many times) before. Storage co. as a possibility as well since all storage CO's are so much more these days 🧐
- No updates on this yet. Based on last week's events, I thought the news will break out soon.