Marrying someone and losing half of your money and kids for a person you may potentially lose interest in is the dumbest thing you can do. The lifetime risk of a divorce is 50%. You literally have a 50% chance of screwing yourself over. In any other scenario, 50% is a bad chance, so why do people decide to play the bet in this case? Marriage is never rational. Dating is far superior. If the woman or man wants to settle down through marriage, you dump them and find someone else.
Now you can get a prenup but there’s still tons of problems that come with a potential divorce you wouldn’t have to deal with if you didn’t marry in the first place.
Flagged by the community.
- I am sorry for you. The same way I am sorry for a company who wants to hire top talent but only wants to hire them as contractors with no benefits or job stability, and minimal pay.
- Amazon QEaz71The divorce rate is not 50%. Don’t be an idiot. Do a little research before sounding off.
- Tableau hellishAnyone who uses the word "cuck" is an idiot who deserves all that happens to them.
- Perfect brother marriage is a scam by feminist to loot men and his money by offering nothing and if you marry Indian women then you gone.. not only 50% but end up loosing kids, fake cases on your parents and siblings and thrashed by society and professional lost
- Let me give you a scenario...
An innocent girl is going to office for a job and then brutally gang raped by her colleagues.. now she went to police but instead she realized that there are cases on her by her male colleagues saying she stole company’s secrets and now instead of getting justice for her rape she not only lost her job but court cases... and what society is asking her is “it must be your fault... did you sex with them and then accusing in rape cases?” And when she is defending her self will you still say her ? “We know you got raped by your colleagues but move on”... ?
It’s a legal rape, it’s professional rape, it’s a rape of a emotion of the father, it’s a rape of trust, it’s a rape of love..
It truly says people will either laugh at you or will ignore you until same thing happen with them..
For your clarification rape doesn’t always means sexual assault but to take anything forcefully without your consent...
crime has no gender...
- Google / EnggeeekmoreIsn’t this like saying “the chance of dying is 100%. So if you don’t want to die, just don’t get born(somehow)”? 🤷🏻♂️
- No it's not the same because there's no viable alternative that you could rather do to live life and still not die. If the OP's argument was to not engage in any relationship or dating or marriage at all to avoid divorce, then yes it's similar to arguing for not being born in order not to die. However that's not the case here. In the case of marriage there's the alternative of dating without marrying where you still get the benefit of companionship and intimacy without the risk of divorce, and the added benefit of novelty and the freedom to walk away. So, false comparison, turd.Jan 102
- Oath / OtherbyebioathAs a female breadwinner who supports my male husband, who married after 35 so no kids with an iron clad prenup to protect my considerable assets, I’m really enjoying this thread. 😂
- Procore bobsburgeHappily married > Happily in a relationship > Single > unhappily in a relationship > unhappily married
A great marriage is better than any other relationship but an unhappily marriage is the worst thing to be a part of.
- BlackBerry GrumpYVetmoreYou think losing 50% is bad? Ask any unmarried Bitcoin investors who lost 100% and they’ll tell you that at least with marriage you have a very good chance of getting laid
- You're assuming that a married partner doesn't help you in any means. When you build a company, someone at your home is taking care of the shit for you. To support you when you fall back, raise the children. If you have a shitty support, you won't be able to make it.
- I'm with OP on this. Yes some folks get lucky and marry a great partner but for others its a crap shoot. Living with some one 24/7 is super hard. No judgements towards married folks but I love my single life.
- Part is luck, skill and determination/commitment. The first you have no control over. The second is making. Sure you choose wisely (a crapshoot since you don’t know how either of you will turn out over time). The third you always have control over. If you’re truly committed to being happy and making things work, that will solve many problems that lead to divorce.
Oh - and communication. If you can’t do that, you’re fucked - regardless of whether in a relationship or marriage.
- Facebook pndubsI don’t really feel the need to get married for a variety of reasons. Mostly because my partner and I don’t think we need a piece of paper to tell us our relationship is real.
But I don’t begrudge or judge other people who do value it. How you choose to express your love for someone is a personal decision. For some people it can be an incredibly meaningful way to declare their commitment to each other and to friends and family. Good for them, if it makes them happy.
It can also be helpful in a legal and financial sense, with respect to medical visitation, medical decision making, and taxes.
Don’t want to get married? Then don’t get married. Maybe do your own thing and worry less about how other people choose to express their love for each other.
- New me2you.You marry to give your children best chance at life....they need father and mother point of views.
Also less chance of STDs...
Want to end up like Paul Allen?
- The fear of loneliness in their old age keeps most people from not being married
- New / EngMldy20Factor in that it’s majority women who benefits from that 50% cuts from men. The other way, how many have u all heard or seen?
- I used this reasoning in picking stocks and didn't buy any. Now I'm sitting on little cash and getting poorer because I missed all the fun market run up of the past few years.
Live a little! Take a chance! Life is short and unpredictable, doesn't give second chances, and you cannot outsmart it!
- yeah if u think about everything in probability and math numbers, then sure don't get married why bother