😳read the news! Any comments?
😳read the news! Any comments?
- Oracle / Eng helloxyzWhy is everybody filing for IPO this year? Is a recession approaching?
- Tableau obooThat a recession and stock market correction are due, if not overdue, is hardly a surprise, nor does it require any specialized knowledge or skill other than common sense.
That nobody knows precisely when it will occur also isn't a surprise, as such events are as much based on psychology as they are on finance and economics.
- Qualtrics hwcKKmoreHard to excited about an IPO when they are doing it because they are running out of cash and are not even the market leader.
- Qualtrics jducnebPretty sad numbers from the “industry” leader. Wow 300 customers - Qualtrics has 9000! Pretty sure just new revenue for CX line for Qualtrics this year is going to surpass Medallia’s total annual revenue.
If I read the numbers right, looks like $130M of cash in the bank and $80M of losses per year - Medallia had to IPO as they only have 18 months of runway left and couldn’t get other funding
- Qualtrics 1833565Jun 26 2
- I'm amazed people who didn't get shit from equity (or bread crumbs) and are now working for SAP, one of the least inspiring tech company out there, are being that vehement on this thread. Chill guys, if you're frustrated with life raging on blind is not going to make it any betterJun 26 4
- They have been deleting posts on blind about the S1 in the company channel.
- Pros: This co is everywhere if you take a look at emails. It’s impressive.
Cons: Qualtrics is also everywhere . Email search yielded about the same.
Also con for Medallia. If the company is winning, why did SAP buy Qualtrics for 30x when Leslie Stretch was a known SAP exec.
Sorry fellas. Doesn’t add up. Sequoia is sticking a fork in this one. I do wish the employees well with their options. Hopefully Sequoia doesn’t own too much of a Medallia before IPO. Dilution is a total b****.
- Honestly think the space is large enough for both companies to be everywhere and do well. If anything SAP's 21x buyout is only signaling to the rest of the market how much CEM is worth for exec teams.
Some random dudes from Uber on this thread might not know any other brands than Taco Bell but the reality is the space is piping hot and only getting hotter.
Not everything has to be a zero sum game.Jun 25 4
- i don’t disagree about competitors - but that’s not what I see as issue for medallia going forward. I’ve been in sales for my entire career including leadership. I can tell you that nothing is as exciting as calling on an existing customer to upsell/cross sell. Every Medallia + SAP account will be a target by Qualtrics sales. And, they will make it a no-brainer to switch. Not everyone has SAP, but those that do are likely a big percentage of medallia accounts. Not a hater. It’s just how business works.Jun 26 3
- Never heard of Medallia but the posts on here by Medallia folks pretty much make them sound like a bunch of douchebags.
- Medallia pXYj18ITT consumers don't know a B2B company by name, project that onto the business world.
- Did they just like copy and paste most of our S1? That read very similar...
- Makes sense, they were probably waiting for Slack to measure some demand. Now that it was a hit, makes sense.