I saw everyone have their own cubicle with sliding door. Is it for everyone or only for seniors in team?
TOP 24 Comments
- Microsoft // TODOIs this thread a joke? At Sunnyvale every single person has an office with a transparent sliding door.
- Spoilt? I think it’s a basic need for certain developers. If you are writing user/web code, and communication + iteration is key, then shared space helps. If you are doing an OS or cloud IaaS, then having a space to close the door and focus is absolutely necessary.
I know shared/open space is the tech environment de jour, but countless studies have shown its net disruptive to developers.
As as for CEO not having an office that’s just BS - most of the time they are in conf rooms or meeting with customers - it’s not as if Mark or Sundar are sitting in the middle of a bullpen “working”. They make have a desk somewhere (usually tucked away, with still plenty of security around them) as somewhere they can check their email and charge their laptop.Apr 23, 2018 1
- This one is not in Bellevue city center..this out of Bellevue downtown. But somewhere in Bellevue only.
- There’s only four MSFT buildings in Bellevue - City Center, Bravern 1, Bravern 2, and Lincoln Sq.
As I said above, Lincoln Sq is being renovated into neighborhood model. City Center is individual offices, so in which people are doubled up. Bravern 1/2 is individual offices, but I though that a) we were giving some of these floors back, and b) renovating others to neighborhoods. However, by info here is very probably out-of-date as it’s been a while since I’ve been there.
- You probably mean City Center. They are for everyone, but space issues mean that people often get “doubled up”. Two people in one of those rooms can be quite a squeeze. Generally it goes on tenure, so the longer you have been at MSFT the more chance a) you have a window office (there are internal office as well), and b) you don’t get doubled.
For the other buildings in Bellevue (Lincoln Sq, Bravern 1/2), I believe they are either getting converted to neighborhood-space, or giving the space back to the landlord.
It’s been a (long) while since I worked there though.
- Microsoft JSps6I work in bravern 2 - everyone on my team has their own office. Even the new hire who joined in January has her own office, and it used to be an intern office. It is a little team specific though, some teams have the double up. The vast majority seem to have their own office, and I think the double ups were all only SDE 1