Hi there! Received a verbal offer from Microsoft. They’re working on getting it approved and sending over the final offer. They said something about a 20% performance bonus. What does that mean? I’m anywhere between 0 and 20 as in 20% is my max? Or, that’s the bonus structure? Tad bit lost on how this works.
Any guidance would be extremely helpful!
- Microsoft bsVL13You are either coming in as L59-L62. Assuming they said 20% is maximum bonus then your bonus is between 0 to 20% of your base. Target is 10%
- Microsoft bsVL13Hard to tell the actual level. Regardless - think your annual bonus will be between 0 to 20%. You should clarify the bonus range with your recruiter. By the way - it’s really rare for someone to get the max percentage due to calibration so I would just use a realistic 10% for calculating your total comp.
- Microsoft HarmarIf you start before the cut-off, you'll get 3/12 bonus this September and 12/12 bonus next September.
If you start after the cutoff, you'll get 15/12 bonus next September. Considering a 3 month review is unlikely to be anything but target, beating target with a 15/12 bonus would amplify that.
Honestly, I don't know what effect it has on stock awards, but at L59 it's minor compared to cash bonus.Feb 81
- Microsoft OIC-u812Annual bonus will be max of 20%. Stock is different. You’ll have a target stock number that can be considerably higher than 100% depending on what you do. You can also earn SSA’s for your work. But don’t count on any of those things happening unless you pour your whole life into your work. That said, if you’re straight out of college, it’s easier to devote that kind of growth now rather than later.
- It means you will get 10k equivalent stock every year vested in four years. Enjoy your lunch money.