I have an offer from Microsoft redmond for sde 2 position at 62 level. 134k + 75k sign in stock , 40k sign in cash. Is this good enough for seattle? I am married and wife cant work in the US.
TOP 36 Comments
- Epic mamoveOPI am getting 135k currently in wisconsin with a total compensation around 150k plus almost free lunch.
- Microsoft lzmz70I am at level 62, 134k is just the starting band for 62. You have lot of room for negotiation on base. Don't get confused both 61 and 62 have same title. If 61 it's a good offer though
- Facebook / Eng Guest15Negotiate on all 3. Get to $140K base, $150K sign on equity (I think you can get much more though but I’m throwing a safe number) and $75K sign on cash. That should be very doable with level 62. MS usually never comes out the gate with a strong offer but with good negotiating (a competing offer always helps), they can come out on top of FAANG
- And yes it’s enough for Seattle. Probably can’t buy a house near campus but can live comfortably.
- They said thr level is high 61 expecting to move to 62 soon. Not sure if I trust that. I am trying to figure out a good comp for 62 and aim to get that. I was told I did very well on the interview.
This comment was deleted by original commenter.
- My biggest worry comes from the fact that my wife wont potentially be able to work due to visa restrictions. We dont want to end up in financial stress with a single salary in seattle.